The scientific basis for ecosystem based resource management and monitoring in the deep-waters of the Mediterranean & North Atlantic
A joint symposium organized by the EC FP7 projects: CoralFISH and DEEPFISHMAN
The programme (with abstracts) for the symposium is now available here.
Maps are available here
A call for papers and posters under the above themes is now open, please click here to submit. The closing date for submission of abstracts will be June 29, 2012.
Registration : register by 29 June to avail of the lower registration fees. There are late registration fees from 30 June up until the closing date of registration of 17 August. Registration fees cover refreshments, lunches, a BBQ on the Tuesday evening (28th) and a conference dinner on the Thursday evening (30th). Additional tickets may be purchased for both of these social events on the registration page.
The conference will follow the format of plenary presentations with one or more workshops. The symposium is open to all project participants and non-project participants by invitation.
- Habitat mapping, modeling and seafloor classification of VMEs
- The importance of VMEs for fish - identification of essential/preferred fish habitat
- Modeling of populations, communities, habitats and ecosystems
- Monitoring tools for deep-water fisheries and ecosystems
- Bio-economic modeling
- Evaluation of management strategies and policy advice for fisheries management
- Preliminary development of good environmental status indicators in the deep-sea: biological diversity; commercial fish populations; food-webs; seafloor integrity; contaminants in fish; litter.
Deep-water fisheries ecosystem-based management stakeholder workshop
Friday 31st August
The aim of the workshop is to improve, validate and seek stakeholder opinions and comments on the proposed management recommendations. The workshop is open to international and national policy makers, RFMOs, administrations, fishing industry, fish processing and retail industries, NGOs and project scientists.
To register for participation in this workshop please go to the Registration page, and select the Stakeholder workshop option.
The organisers of the conference would like to acknowledge the financial support of Fáilte Ireland, through their Meet in Ireland programme.