Mathematics and Education - 3rd Annual Research Symposium
"In mathematics the art of proposing a question must be held of higher value than solving it"
21st March 2014
School of Education, NUI Galway
This symposium is organised by 4th Year BA Mathematics and Education students in the School of Education and the School of Mathematics, National University of Ireland Galway.
- Ms. Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin (PHD candidate, School of Education, Trinity College Dublin)
Topic: "Problem Solving in Project Maths Using Lesson Study"
- Ms. Andrea Higgins (Deputy Director of Postgraduate Diploma in Special Educational Needs Programme, NUI Galway)
Topic: "Collaboration... The Way Forward?"
- 4th Year BA Maths and Education students
Presentation of Action Research Projects and Posters
- Dr. Mary Fleming (Head of the School of Education, NUI Galway)
- Dr. Máire Ní Ríordáin (Lecturer in Education, NUI Galway)
- Dr. Ray Ryan (Head of School of Mathematics, NUI Galway)
- Dr. Aisling McCluskey (Lecturer in Mathematics, NUI Galway)
We invite secondary school principals, teachers of mathematics and applied mathematics (both current and future) and those with a keen interest in mathematics education to join us for a stimulating symposium to be held in a collaborative atmosphere in the vibrant and welcoming campus of NUI Galway.
There is no charge for the conference.
A full programme of the running of the day is available here.
Refreshments available throughout the day.
Enquiries and Registration: