Immune Function in Psychosis
Galway, Ireland, 29-30 June 2017
This meeting is designed to bring together basic and clinical researchers working in the area of immune function in psychosis. The meeting will place a strong emphasis on interaction between researchers for the purposes of developing a European network in this area. Topics will include:
· Genetics of immune function in psychosis.
· Neurodevelopmental aspects of immune response & psychosis risk.
· Autoimmune diseases in psychiatry.
· Neuroimaging & cognitive studies of inflammatory response.
· Animal models of environmental effects on immune function.
· Effects on inflammation on the kynurenic pathways
· Pharmacological approaches to treating inflammation.
List of confirmed speakers include:
Prof. Oliver Howes - King’s College London
Prof. Urs Meyers - University of Zurich
Prof. Norbert Muller - Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich
Prof. Hemmo Drexhage - Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam
Dr. Golam Khandaker - University of Cambridge
Prof. Brian Leonard - National University of Ireland Galway
REGISTRATION & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Conference Organisers: Dr. Derek Morris, Prof. Gary Donohoe, & Prof. Brian Leonard.
Travel Fellowships to cover travel and accommodation will be available for early career researchers (PhD’s & Postdocs).
Information on travelling to Galway can be found here
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org