The aim of this conference is to view trends, challenges and options relating to citizen engagement and participation in the field of Family Support. For the first time at its biennial conference, the UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre would like to invite submissions for presentations in parallel sessions.
Abstracts are invited from the policy and practice community, as well as the academic community, in relation to the conference themes, which are as follows:
- Citizenship and Family Support
- The Contribution of Volunteers and Communities
- Challenges Facing Professional Worker-Citizens in Embattled Systems
- Participatory Structures
- The Role of Advocacy and Protest
- Participation by Children and Young People
For practice related presentations, the paper could illustrate the application of conference themes in practice or relate to a specific initiative related to these themes.
- Parallel sessions will be held on Thursday, 13th June 2013. The time allocated for each presentation is 30 minutes (20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion and questions).
- Those submitting abstracts should identify which of the conference themes their submission relates to.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. All submissions should be in Times New Roman font size 12 and should represent a concise summary of the presentation.
- Please note that abstracts submission is now CLOSED.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by a sub-committee. Presenters will be notified of abstract acceptance/rejection by email no later than 8th April 2013. Please note that a limited number of abstracts will be accepted.
- Some of the parallel session papers may be selected for inclusion in a publication arising from the conference. If selected, the authors will be requested to provide a written paper and to liaise with the editors regarding publication.
- All communications will be sent to the corresponding author, at the email address provided. An initial confirmation email acknowledging the receipt of an abstract will be sent to the corresponding author at the email address provided.
- All presenting authors of accepted abstracts must register and pay for the conference but will have their conference fee reimbursed after the conference. One registration fee will be reimbursed per presentation.