|Thank you for registering for the above conference and I am taking the opportunity to confirm some final details. Please read the following carefully. We look forward to seeing you in Galway!
Conference registration will take place on Sunday May 14th from 16.00 to 19.00 and Monday May 15th from 08.00 to 08.45 in the Bailey Allen Hall, Áras na MacLeinn Building at NUI Galway. Please click HERE for campus map. Registration desk will be open each morning from 08.30 to 10.30.
Final Conference Programme can be viewed HERE in chronological order and copy of the Conference Programme and Book of Abstracts here.
IMPORTANT: All Oral Workshop presenters must upload their final presentation in EXORDO by the extended deadline date of today.
Posters should be printed A0 Portrait, please see website for information on printing on site. You will be advised poster number at registration desk. Please upload your poster to Exordo by the extended deadline date of today.
Details will be available at the registration desk.
WORKSHOPS (Friday May 19th):
Further detail will be available at the information desk during the conference.
Please click here for Galway Map and click here for Campus maps . All sessions will take place in the Bailey Allen Hall, Áras na Mac Léinn Building, all workshops in the IT Building on campus.
INCLUDED IN YOUR CONFERENCE FEE
· Printed programme and soft copy of Book of Abstracts on USB.
· Access to all plenary and parallel sessions.
· Sunday May 14th : Icebreaker
· Monday May 15th: Coffee, lunch and poster reception.
· Tuesday May 16th: Coffee, lunch - for delegates who booked the option of
Trad on the Prom, tickets will be in your registration pack.
· Wednesday May 17th: Coffee, packed lunch and Tour – allocated on a first come basis – ticket will be in your pack on arrival, please confirm if you will not be attending at registration sign up.
· Thursday May 18th: Coffee, lunch – for delegates who booked gala dinner, tickets will be in your registration pack. Dress is smart / casual, please bring your dancing shoes!
· Friday May 18th: Coffee, lunch
· Saturday May 19th: Bus transfer from NUI Galway to Marine Institute for brunch and farm visit – for delegates who booked, tickets will be in your registration pack.
Gala dinner will take place at 19.00 sharp on Thursday May 18th in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Lough Atalia Rd, Galway. Only delegates who have pre-purchased tickets will be permitted access to conference gala. Limited number still available at registration.
Delegates have been assigned tours on a first come basis and we hope you will be on the tour of choice. A number of delegates did not select a tour and have therefore been allocated a tour. We will ask you to reconfirm this at the registration desk.
IMPORTANT: PARKING ON CAMPUS
There is limited parking for conference delegates on campus, Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17.30. It is advised to take a taxi to the venue if possible. (No restrictions on Saturday or Sunday).
If you are driving, the following are the parking options;
1. Paid Parking: Cathedral Car Park is approximately 3 minutes’ walk, charges apply, cost is approximately €5 per day.
2. Free Parking: Permits have been organised for delegates in the P&R car park on campus on Thursday and Friday where a shuttle operates to the main campus (please allow time for transfer to main campus in your travel plans). Please click here for a permit which must be displayed on your car and click here for the shuttle timetable to the main campus (please take shuttle to last stop, Orbsen Building).
Entrance to the P&R car park is via Corrib Village Entrance, Upper Newcastle Road, Galway. Please ensure to park in white lined spaces only. Please display your permit at all times or your car will be clamped.
GETTING TO GALWAY
Click HERE for details on travel to Galway including travel information from each of the airports. It is recommended you pre-book your travel to Galway.
Calls for Bids for 13th ICMSS 2021:
The International Scientific Committee would like to invite countries to bid to host the 13th ICMSS in 2021. Interested parties should submit an expression of interest by return.