An e-book of all the conference papers will be produced immediately after the conference. We also have a longer term aim of producing a publication of a selected number of conference papers.
The deadline for the conference paper is the 31st October 2007.
Papers should be:
• No more than 4,000 words in length
• In Times New Roman Font size 12
• Double spaced
• Page numbers clearly marked at the bottom of each sheet
• Please use the Harvard referencing system:
o Simple references are to be inserted within article text as follows: (Briggs, 1995, p.24).
o The bibliographical list of all works referred to in the text is to follow the main text in alphabetical order using the following format:
Robson, P (2001) State Politics, Routledge, London.
• Journal articles:
Wilson, R (2004) ‘Conflict in Focus’, Journal of Conflict Studies, Vol.2, No.4,pp.24-36.
• Chapters in books of edited collections:
Marshall, A (1995) ‘Finding the global locally’ in S Peterson and F Bragg (eds.), Common Perspectives in integrated development, Routledge, London.
• Please also include author information on a separate cover sheet. This should include contact details, and a short biography of areas of interest and current work. (Please clarify which of these details you wish to be published).
Please submit full papers to Carol.Healy@nuigalway.ie by the 31st October 2007.
• Presentations must be compatible with PowerPoint 2003
• Presentations must be maximum of 20 minutes in length to allow sufficient time for questions and answers.
• Use of transparencies are discouraged and slides will require special requests and notification in advance.
• Size: Maximum poster size is 115 cm high and 88 cm wide (A0)
• Materials must be easily read at a distance of 1.5 m.
• A poster printed on one large sheet is encouraged.
• Hand written posters are not accepted.
• Ideally posters should be in ‘Portrait’ format rather than ‘Landscape’