4th International Disability Summer School, June 18-23, 2012
Attendee Information



Visa Information

 for International



Available at: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short%20Stay%20Study,%20Research%20or%20Exam

Short stay Study, Research, Exam

Study - visa application documents required

Research - visa application documents required

Exam - visa application documents required 


Short stay Study - visa application documents required


         Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee

         In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application

         outlining your reason for wishing to come to Ireland Ireland,

         giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State

         stating how long you plan to stay

         undertaking that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiry of your permission to remain.

         Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State, and copy of previous passport if applicable

         If visiting another State prior to travelling to Ireland, the relevant visa for that State must be obtained and in your passport before applying for an Irish visa

         If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused.

         If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, evidence of your permission to reside in that country. This permission should be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure from Ireland.

         Letter of acceptance from college in Ireland detailing your proposed course of study of less than ninety days duration.

         Evidence that the fees for your course have been paid in full

         Where a child under the age of 18 is travelling alone, the consent of both parents/guardians is required. If the child is travelling with one parent, the consent of the other parent is required. This signed parental consent must be accompanied by a copy of the consenting parent's passport or national identity card showing the bearer's signature

         Where only one parent has total custody, a Court Order bestowing sole custody of this child must be shown.


Accommodation and funds

         If you intend staying in hotel, hostel or guesthouse accommodation, confirmation of your accommodation booking must be submitted.

         A detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs.

         We do not compel visa applicants to submit a certificate of medical/travel insurance with their visa application. However, evidence of insurance cover will help us decide your application. If we grant you a visit, you should show proof of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry.


Evidence of your obligations to return to your country of permanent residence

         Full private medical insurance cover for the entire duration of proposed stay.

         If you are employed, a letter from your employer stating how long you have been employed there, the dates you will be on annual leave from, the date you will be returning to work in that employment, and your three most recent payslips.

         If you are a student, a letter from your college stating the course you are studying, how many years you have been a student there, how many years/terms you have left at that college, and that you will be returning there following your visit to Ireland.

         Details of any family members living in your country of permanent residence. If you are married or have children under age eighteen, and your spouse or children are remaining at home, you should submit your marriage certificate and birth certificates for the children.
Details of the person in whose care the minor shall be must be provided with the application. 



Please keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc will not be returned.
If there are specific documents that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a list of these with your application.

All letters and bank statements submitted should be on official company headed paper and give full contact details, for verification purposes. These must include a full postal address, name of contact, position in company, telephone number