The conference will be held at the National Unversity of Ireland, Galway. The university is situated on the banks of the river Corrib, just a ten minute walk from the centre of Galway City.
- Please note that your presentation will be scheduled in the conference programme and book of abstracts only if the registration fee has been paid by 20th June. Paid registration is a condition for abstract publication.
- Students must submit confirmation of student status, please include this information in the comments box on the registration form or email/fax student ID always quoting abstract code. Please see http://www.conference.ie/imageupload/ConfofStudentStatus.doc for confirmation of students status form.
- Concessions may be available for unwaged and low waged delegates. Please contact the conference administrator for further details.
- A day rate is available for those delegates wishing to attend only on a particular day. Please check the on-line registration form for details and indicate which day you are booking for. If there are delegates interested in attending only a single panel session please contact the conference administrator to check for availability, rates and further details.
- Delegates should quote registration number on all correspondence to conference secretariat and submission of an abstract is not a prerequisite for registration. Presenters should also quote abstract file code on all correspondence to the conference secretariat.
Delegates must pay by credit card Visa or Mastercard.
Conditions of Registration
Delegates are expected to insure themselves against theft, loss, accidents and damage or medical expenses that may arise. The organising committee does not accept responsibility for any of the above.
Provided a written cancellation is received before 20th June, the full payment minus 20% for bank charges and handling will be refunded. No refunds will be given after that date. The cancellation policy applies to all reservations made. No telephone cancellations will be accepted. Submit cancellation in writing to the Conference Administrator.
Participants from some countries may require visas, and delegates must make their own arrangements for obtaining visas. Please see the web-link to the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Tourist Board web site also contains some useful information. A list of Irish Embassies abroad can be found here. N.B. Delegates may require visas for the UK if transferring via a British airport.
Irish currency is the Euro (€ symbol). Check with your travel agent about current exchange rates. A variety of banks and bureau de change are within easy walking distance of NUI, Galway. Automatic telling machines (ATM) are widely distributed. Many larger towns throughout Ireland have ATMs; we suggest you check with your local bank as to whether you are able to directly access cash from Irish ATMs. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express etc.) are widely accepted.
The conference language will be English and we regret that no translating facilities will be available.
Travel to Galway
Galway is easily reached by air, train and bus/coach. Ireland West Tourism provide detailed descriptions on how to get to Galway.
Other useful web links are: Air: Aerarann, Ryanair, Aerlingus; Train: Iarnród Éireann; Bus: Bus Éireann, Private Coaches: Citylink